I am not sure where the first month of the new year went, but it sure has come and gone, and now we have quickly moved into the month of February. But, despite how quickly this year is progressing, I would like to challenge each of us, to remain focused on God and Serving Him throughout the year.
That said, I would like to place the following challenges before each of us to help us remain strong in our service to the Lord in 2023:
- Commit to Regular, Faithful, Attendance throughout this Year
- Did you know that the average church member in an American church now attends church just 2 Sundays per month…which basically equals attending a total of 24 hours for the entire year? I Pray that this is NEVER said of our Church Family at Saluda Baptist Church!
- Commit to finding a place to serve at Saluda Baptist Church
- There is an old saying when it comes to people serving at their church; “Twenty percent of the people do eighty percent of the work.” Could you imagine what a church could accomplish if 50, 60, or 70 percent of the people were serving. Better yet, could you imagine what a church could accomplish if everyone found a place to serve?
- Commit to telling others about Jesus
- There are many people in our community without a personal relationship with Christ. Will you commit to sharing your faith with at least one person each week throughout the remainder of 2023?
- Commit to Praying and Studying God’s Word
- Prayer and Bible reading is one of the most neglected spiritual Disciplines. I would like to challenge each of you to spend time daily in the Word and praying. As the psalmist declared in Psalm 119:97. “Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day.” I Pray that each of you will fall in love with God’s Word during 2023.
I am convinced if you make these commitments, God will be faithful to you and continue to bless us beyond measure this year and in the years ahead.
Remember, Jesus Loves You and So Do I!!